The History Department’s Undergraduate Program Office is located in the Mosse Humanities Building, in Room 3211, which is the main History Department office. You will find us on the third floor in the northeast corner of the building (closest to Memorial Library). Whether you are unsure what classes to take, you want to make sure you are going to graduate on time, or you just want to talk, we offer a wide range of advising services to answer your questions and help you take advantage of the opportunities that arise from the study of history.
- Peer Advisors – Our Peer Advisors are advanced history majors trained in student services. Yiqi and Hannah can respond to a wide variety of questions pertaining to the History major and studying at UW-Madison more broadly. They can also declare the History major. Schedule an appointment with our peer advisors via Scheduling Assistants:
- Hannah’s Scheduling Assistant
- Yiqi’s Scheduling Assistant
- Academic Advisor – Our academic advisor, Scott Burkhardt, can discuss any questions or concerns regarding academics. Scott is available to meet with students via scheduled appointments and walk-in hours. Schedule an appointment with Scott using Scheduling Assistant or see the calendar link above for walk-in availability.
- Career Advising – For questions about post-graduation plans and internships, see our career connections advisor, Christina Matta.
Additional Advising Help
If you have specific academic questions regarding issues like credit changes, section changes, 600 registration, or other technical inquiries, stop by the office and see Isaac Lee, our Undergraduate Program Assistant.