Professor of History; Senior Fellow at the Institute for Research in the Humanities, Madison
Office: 4113 Mosse Humanities
Mailbox: 4003 Mosse Humanities
Office Hours: Tuesdays 2:30-3:30, Thursdays 2:30-3:30
My interests are India and the Indian Ocean area in the medieval and early modern age.
Ph.D., University of Leiden 1984
M.A., University of Leiden
B.A., University of Leiden
André Wink. Al-Hind, Volume 3 Indo-Islamic Society, 14th- 15th Centuries. Brill, 2003.
André Wink. Al-Hind: The Making of the Indo-Islamic World, Volume II. Brill, 1997.
André Wink. Al-Hind, Volume 1 Early medieval India and the expansion of Islam 7th-11th centuries. Brill, 1991.
André Wink. Land and Sovereignty in India: Agrarian Society and Politics under the Eighteenth-Century Maratha Svarajya. Cambridge, 1986.
History Lecture Courses
- History 130 – An Introduction to World History – Syllabus 2017 (pdf)
- History 142 – History of South Asia to the Present – Syllabus 2013 (pdf)
- History 463 – Topics in South Asian History – “Empires of the East” – Syllabus 2017 (pdf)
- History 621 – Buddhism in the History of South and Southeast Asia
- History 600 – Advanced Seminar in History
- History 757 – Pro-seminar in Indian History
- History 857 – Empires of the East – Syllabus 2017 (pdf)