My specializations are Renaissance and medieval economic. My Research and Teaching Interests: Economic and Social History of Medieval Europe; Renaissance Italy; History of Technology to 1600. Current Research: The Woolen Industry of Late Medieval and Renaissance Italy.
Ph.D., Bryn Mawr College
M.A., Bryn Mawr College
B.A., Hunter College
- “An Expanding World; Textiles: Production, Trade and Demand”. Ashgate Publishing Limited, Variorum series: An Expanding World: The European Impact on World History, 1450-1800, volume 12 (Aldershot, 1998).
- The “Other Tuscany”; Essays in the History of Lucca, Pisa, and Siena during the Thirteenth, Fourteenth and Fifteenth Centuries. (The Medieval Institute, Western Michigan University, 1994).
- The Italian Cotton Industry in the Later Middle Ages 1100-1600. (Cambridge University Press, 1981).
History Courses Taught
- History 115 – Medieval Europe 410-1500
- History 121 – The Economic Development of the Western World to 1750
- History 200 – Historical Studies – Topics: “Medieval Warfare”
- History 321 – Economic Life in Medieval Europe
- History 333 – The Renaissance
- History 600 – Advanced Seminar in History
- History 707 – Early Modern European History 1500-1789 – Topics: “Renaissance Italy”
- History 807 – Seminar in Medieval History