John M. Cooper
Position title: Emeritus Professor
Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
My specializations are Late 19th & early 20th c. political, the South. My Research and Teaching Interests include Late Nineteenth and Twentieth Century America; American Foreign Policy; Civil War and Reconstruction; Southern History; Twentieth Century American War; Race and Reform. Current Research : Presidential reputations in twentieth century America; the ‘League fight.’
John M. Cooper (Editor), and Charles E. Neu (Editor). The Wilson Era: Essays in Honor of Arthur S. Link. Harlan Davidson, Inc, 1990.
John M. Cooper. The Warrior and the Priest: Woodrow Wilson and Theodore Roosevelt. Harvard University Press, 1983.
History Courses Taught
- History 200 – Historical Studies
- History 395 – United States, 1877-1914
- History 397 – United States, 1914-1945
- History 600 – Advanced Seminar in History – Topics: “Three American Wars”
- History 901 – Studies in American History