My specializations is Middle East (Medieval). My Research and Teaching Interests include Social and cultural history of the medieval Middle East: comparative history; comparative family history. Teaching fields: the Middle East from antiquity to the twentieth century; Muslim responses to the Crusades; Middle Eastern cities from Late Antiquity to the twentieth-century; nineteenth-century Islamic political movements; nineteenth-century Egypt and Syria.
M.A., Pontificio Instituto di Studi Arabi e d’Isalamistica
History Courses Taught
- History 205 – The Making of the Islamic World: The Middle East, 500-1500 – Syllabus 2015 (pdf)
- History 225 – The First Islamic Empire – Syllabus 2015 (pdf)
- History 439 – Islamic History From the Origin of Islam to the Ottoman Empire – Syllabus 2017 (pdf)
- History 851 – Seminar on Ottoman and Middle East History
- History 858 – Seminar in Problems of Islamic History – Topics: “Medieval Islamic Social History”