Conference Travel – Deadline: Rolling
- Open to students who entered the program prior to Fall 2023
- Provides 75% of transportation costs for students presenting a paper at a scholarly conference. Students may receive a maximum of three awards (only one may be for international travel).
- To apply: Fill out the Conference Travel Award Request Form (must be logged into Google with your “wisc.edu” address to view).
Students entering in the 2023 cohort will receive a total of $2,500 in Professional Development funds, to use for conference travel and other professional development activities during their graduate school tenure. The $2,500 will be distributed in $500 increments on an annual basis, which shall be accruable from year to year.
Dissertation Research Travel – Deadline: November 1st & March 1st
- Open to all dissertators
- Travel support for domestic (up to $1,500) and international (up to $2,500) dissertation archival research. Students may receive a maximum of two awards (only one may be for international travel).
- Competitions announced via email.