I am a professional film editor, a part-time journalist, and an academic researcher examining 20th- and 21st- century economic and political history in Southeast Asia. My dissertation focuses on the economic history of Davao City, Philippines, since the 1970s.
Before starting at UW-Madison in 2018, I worked as an editor for several award-winning documentary and fiction films in New York City and the Philippines.
Since 2019, I have worked part-time as a writer and host for the Sunday radio newscast “World View” on Madison’s WORT 89.9FM, and as a researcher and writer for the Granite State News Collaborative, a network of 18 outlets in my home state of New Hampshire.
M.A. University of Wisconsin-Madison
B.A.; Harvard University
- Southeast Asian History
- “Sources of Economic Growth in Davao City, 1980-2010”
Working Dissertation Title
- “Narratives of Economic Revival in Davao City, 1970-2016”
- “Building the Davao Model,” Annual Meeting of the Association of Asian Studies, March 2021.
- “Data is Key for Court Diversion Success,” NH Bar News, 30 April 2021.
- “Wisconsin election infrastructure is mostly secure — but inaccurate counts are hard to catch and correct,” Wisconsin Watch, 10 October 2020.
- “Remote Learning Progress Report: The barriers to taking attendance,” Concord Monitor, 9 August 2020.
- Fulbright US Student Program, 2021 (Alternate)
- UW-Madison CSEAS Center Field Research Grant, 2021
- UW-Madison History Department Summer Travel Grant, 2021
- UW-Madison History Department External Opportunities Fund Award, 2021
- Foreign Language & Area Studies Summer Fellowship, 2020
- Foreign Language & Area Studies Fellowship, 2020
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Graduate School Fellowship, 2019
- Foreign Language & Area Studies Summer Fellowship, 2018
- Foreign Language & Area Studies Fellowship, 2018
- Southeast Asian Studies Summer Institution Scholarship, 2018
- Sundance Institute Emerging Editor Fellowship, 2014
- CLASP Solo Amateur World Bagpipe Championship, 2008
- American Historical Association (AHA)
- Association for Asian Studies (AAS)
- Investigative Reporters and Editors (IRE)
Courses Taught as TA
- Geography 377: Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (GIS)