I study the relationship between the military and civil society in late nineteenth-century America. In particular, I am interested in the lives of American veterans following the Civil War. My thesis explores the use of military discipline within the veterans’ homes created following the war.
M.S., Troy University
B.S., Florida State University
- American History
- “Soldier-Citizens: Military Discipline and the United States Soldiers’ Homes, 1851-1885.”
- Review of Jessica L. Adler’s Burdens of War: Creating the United States Veterans Health System (Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2017) in the Journal of Military History, April 2018 (Pending Release).
- Omar N. Bradley Historical Research Fellowship, 2017.
- Society of Military History
- Organization of American Historians