- This event has passed.
History of Science Brown Bag
October 1 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
“Organic Chemistry Nomenclature in Republican China: A Synthesis from Ricci and Xu to Nationalism”
J. J. Reynolds-Strange
HSMT Graduate Student
Friday, October 1, 2021
Curti Lounge (Rm. 5243 Humanities Bldg.)
All Brown Bags are held in the Curti Lounge (unless otherwise noted) from 12:00-1:00 PM on Fridays.
Future HSMT Brown Bags
- Friday, October 8th – “A Universal Currency: Atomic Futures and Energized Pasts in the Cold War Koreas” with Derek Kramer (History Department postdoc) – Virtual
- Friday, October 15th – Memorial Library Special Collections session: Teaching with Collections Panel
- Friday, October 22nd – “‘Caring Only for Canes’: Botanical Sociability in the Anglo-Caribbean in the Age of Revolution.” with J’Nese Williams (Notre Dame)
- Friday October 29th – Discussion of “Open Conversations: Diversifying the Discipline or Disciplining Diversity? A Roundtable Discussion on Collecting Demographics Data” Isis 111 (2020): 310-353
- Friday, November 5th – “Insect Sociology: Biobehavioral Constructions of Society in the Postgenomic Era” with Sai Suryanarayanan (Assoc. Dir., Holtz Center, UW-Madison)
- Friday, November 12th – “Making Living Fossils Symbol of the Nation: Nation and Evolutionism in Early Twentieth Century China.” with Aijie Shi (HSMT GS)