- This event has passed.
History of Science Brown Bag
February 14, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
“Sovereignty and the Politics of Knowledge: Royal Society, Leibniz, Wolff, and Peter the Great’s Academy of Sciences”
Friday, February 14, 2020
IRH Seminar Room, University Club 212
All Brown Bags are held in the Curti Lounge (unless otherwise noted) from 12:00-1:00 PM on Fridays.
- Friday, February 21st – “We can probably be of considerable service and still maintain our status as a peace organization”: How the International Health Division Became Involved in the 1932-33 Colombia-Peru War – with Joshua Doyle-Raso
- Friday, February 28th – “A Tale of Two Revolutions: Microbes, Glands and Sterilisation in Early French Endocrinology, 1889-1895” – Patrick Walsh
- Friday, March 6th – “Student Experiences of Irreproducibility” with Nicole Nelson
- Friday, March 27th – Roundtable – “Making the most of your conference experience”
- Friday, April 3rd – Topic TBA – with Viktoria Tkaczyk
- Friday, April 10th – “Making the most of your conference experience” – Roundtable
- Friday, April 17th – “Enlightenment, Modernity, and Science: The Perspective from Mapping and ‘Cartography’” with Matthew Edney
- Friday, April 24th – “Coral Reefology: Algology, Zoology and the Evolution of the Self-Organized Network” with Emily Hutcheson