Writing a Senior (Honors) Thesis - Tips for Data Organization
Tips for Data Organization
- Centralize. Centralize. Centralize.
- Keep all of your data in a single location, either online or in a folder. Keeping your data in one spot will save you time later when trying to find that killer quotation you read three months ago.
- Hard Copies
- If your documents are digital, print them out. Using digital copies leads writers to ‘write to the documents.’ You are more likely to reproduce the language and structure of the document rather then use the document to strengthen your own argument.
- Physically Lay out the Data
- Whether on the floor, a wall, or a bulletin board, laying out your documents in chronology order can help you visualize your project.
- Ask a Professional
- The library offers information and tutorials about citation management software, such as RefWorks, EndNote, and Zotero.