Office: 4110 Mosse Humanities
Mailbox: 4017 Mosse Humanities
Curriculum Vitae: View PDF
Office Hours: Wednesdays 11:00 - 12:00 or by appointment
Education: PhD: University of Michigan;
MA: University of Michigan; BA: University of Minnesota
My specializations are Social, statistical methods, comparative demography, and exploration.
My Research and Teaching Interests: Modern American history; demography and public policy. Current Research: Population problems and American foreign policy.
- City Growth in the United States, England and Wales, 1820-1860 (Arno Press, New York: 1977)
History Courses Taught:
- History 101 - American History to Civil War Era
- History 102 - American History Civil War-present
- History 135 - Comparative World History
- History 290 - Introduction to the Study of American History—Lab Approach
- History 398 - The US Since 1945
- History 525 - World & The West from 1492
- History 626 - American Social History 1860-present
- History 600 - Advanced Seminar in History - Topics: "Inscribing the New World"; "Topics in Wisconsin History"; "Political Scandals in Historical Perspective"; "Exploration and First Contact"
- History 680-690 - Honors Thesis Colloquium
- History 795 - Quantitative Methods for Historical Research
- History 901 - Studies in American History
- History 952 - Seminar in Comparative History