Office: 4113 Mosse Humanities
Mailbox: 4012 Mosse Humanities
Curriculum Vitae: View PDF
Education: PhD: University of London;
MA: University of London; BA: University of Oxford
My specialization is Islam.
My Research and Teaching Interests include History of Islam, Middle East, and Mongols.
- Medieval Persia 1040-1797, "History of the Near East" series, ed. P.M. Holt, London, Longman, 1988
- The Mongols, "Peoples of Europe" series, ed. J. Campbell and B. Cunliffe, Oxford, Basil Blackwell, 1986
- Edited, Medieval Historical Writing in the Christian and Islamic Worlds, London, SOAS, 1982
- History 225 - Explorations in 3rd World History
- History 720 - Topics: Medieval History
- History 753/858 - Seminar in Comparative World History - Topics: "Afghanistan from the Great Game to the Taliban, 1747-2009" Syllabus 2010 (pdf)
- History 858 - Seminar in Problems of Islamic History - Topics: "The Mongol Empire Empire In Recent Research" Syllabus 2008 (pdf)