I focus on Tibetan American history, which encompasses the beginnings and transformations of the Tibetan diaspora. Particularly, I am interested in the transformative role that Tibetan immigrants in the United States played in the Tibetan Freedom Movement.
- Tibetan American History, U.S. Transnational History, Asian American History
- Cindy I-Fen Cheng
- "Tibetan Long Distance Nationalism: Reconceptualizing Tibetan History through Examining Diaspora Activities of Transnational Political Activism"
Working Dissertation Title:
- "Tibetan American Exile and Activist History"
- BA in History and History of Science: University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Chancellor Fellowship
- 2016 Amy Ling Yellow Light Award for Scholarship and Creative Endeavors
Courses Taught as TA:
- Asian American History/History 160 - Movement and Dislocation