My specializations are Social, statistical methods, comparative demography, and exploration.
My Research and Teaching Interests: Modern American history; demography and public policy. Current Research: Population problems and American foreign policy.
- PhD - University of Michigan
- MA - University of Michigan
- BA - University of Minnesota
- City Growth in the United States, England and Wales, 1820-1860 (Arno Press, New York: 1977).
- History 101 - American History to Civil War Era
- History 102 - American History Civil War-present
- History 135 - Comparative World History
- History 290 - Introduction to the Study of American History—Lab Approach
- History 306 - The History of the United States, 1945-2010 - Syllabus 2015 (pdf)
- History 398 - The US Since 1945
- History 525 - World & The West from 1492
- History 626 - American Social History 1860-present
- History 600 - Politics in Film - Syllabus 2017 (pdf)
- History 600 - Inscribing the New World
- History 600 - Topics in Wisconsin History
- History 600 - Political Scandals in Historical Perspective
- History 600 - Exploration and First Contact
- History 680-690 - Honors Thesis Colloquium
- History 795 - Quantitative Methods for Historical Research
- History 901 - Studies in American History
- History 952 - Seminar in Comparative History