My specializations are Immigration & assimilation, statistical methods, and colonial.
My Research and Teaching Interests include History of U.S. Immigration, including contemporary immigration. History of U.S. Policy and Topics related to comparative immigration and immigration policy. History of Ethnicity in the U.S. Strong interest in quantitative analysis, as applied to historical research. Some residual special interest in early American history.
- PhD: Columbia
- MA: Columbia
- BA: Fordham
- Correlation and Regression Analysis: A Historian's Guide (Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 1994).
- Becoming American: An Ethnic History (New York: The Free Press, 1983).
- New York City, 1664-1710: Conquest and Change (Cornell University Press, 1976).
History Courses Taught:
- History 200 - The Korean War
- History 200 - World War I
- History 300 - The Art & Science of History
- History 398 - The US Since 1945
- History 403 - Immigration & Assimilation in American History
- History 404 - Ethnicity - 20th Century America
- History 503 - Irish and Scottish Migrations
- History 571 - Studies - United States History
- History 600 - The Korean War
- History 600 - Irish and Scottish Migrations
- History 795 - Quantitative Methods for Historical Research
- History 901 - Studies in American History
- History 902 - Research Seminar: American History