My specialization is Islam.
My Research and Teaching Interests include History of Islam, Middle East, and Mongols.
- PhD: University of London
- MA: University of London
- BA: University of Oxford
- Medieval Persia 1040-1797, "History of the Near East" series, ed. P.M. Holt, (London, Longman, 1988).
- The Mongols, "Peoples of Europe" series, ed. J. Campbell and B. Cunliffe, (Oxford, Basil Blackwell, 1986).
- Edited, Medieval Historical Writing in the Christian and Islamic Worlds, (London, SOAS, 1982).
History Courses Taught:
- History 106 - Invasion & Empires: Central Asia
- History 309 - The Crusades: Christianity and Islam
- History 379 - Islam in Iran
- History 225 - Explorations in 3rd World History
- History 720 - Topics: Medieval History
- History 753/858 - Afghanistan from the Great Game to the Taliban, 1747-2009
- History 858 - The Mongol Empire Empire In Recent Research